Latest Free YouTube Video:
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- Background notes to everyone who voted
- Huge historical stories about the two promoters voted in the conversation about the history of wrestling around the world
- Notes on many people who were not elected and their candidacy
- Performer and match of the week
- Complete coverage from Saturday’s UFC show
- Cain Velasquez returns to pro wrestling as AAA comes to US, background, future, attendance, crowd puller and more
- The most in-depth look at last week’s TV ratings, why, what to learn, segment-by-segment highlights, competition and more
- Big loss of the mask at the cage show coming January 1st to the Mexico Arena
- A look at the Stardom tag team tournament finals and the big show at the end of the year
- Which Hall of Famer will return to the Dragon Gate this Christmas
- A few stars are leaving all of Japan
- The first women’s IWGP title defense will take place in the US
- New tournament notes for Japanese teams
- Reports of the Battle of Los Angeles
- Another big movie produced about the 90s star and his unique story
- Impact is having one of the best matches of the year
- A detailed look at Tony Khan’s explanation for William Regal’s departure and why he let him go
- Khan talks about Rampage going forward
- Dustin Rhodes is talking about retirement
- ROH PPV show notes
- Notes on WWE’s move to new markets and advance ticket sales
- International television ratings
- AEW and WWE streaming numbers
- More TV deal news and Pro Slap League time
- Dana White talks about Jiří Procházka’s injury
- Shawn Michaels talks about NXT
- Lots of WWE injury updates
- Program Prices for the next few months
- Lots of WrestleMania news
This week’s Retro Observer Newsletter:
Order your print Wrestling Observer now and have it mailed to you by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and expiration date to [email protected] or at www.paypal.com by directing funds to [email protected] wrestlingobserver.com .
Prices in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off each price range.
- Last night’s SmackDown averaged 2.098 million viewers in the fast national ratings. The rating in the 18-49 demo was 0.5.
- After last night’s SmackDown aired, Kurt Angle’s birthday celebration continued with a roster of babyfaces joining him in the ring. Rey Mysterio led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to Angle, and Paul “Triple H” Levesque also showed up to celebrate with Angle.
- In an Instagram video, Bray Wyatt opened up about his uncle Barry Windham’s health issues. Wyatt said:
- When I was little, I watched my dad, my uncle, my grandfather, who were all professional wrestlers. I looked at them like they were like Greek gods or something, like they didn’t feel pain; they were immortal; they would always be just that. As we grow older and I become a man, you begin to understand that it is not so. Nothing is forever.
- This week, my uncle Barry Windham had a massive heart failure in Atlanta and he collapsed, and he had no pulse for 10 to 20 minutes, so he was gone, he was gone.
- I want to thank one particular man, Michael Todd Lalic, who was there – a random citizen. The whole time he was there giving him CPR before everyone else and the EMTs could get to him and he stayed with him and that’s why we still have Barry. He is alive, he is with us.
- Barry Windham gave his life to his profession. His whole life was about it, just like mine, and he gave it his all, and I wanted to share that I’m incredibly grateful to have him back.
- My sister started a GoFundMe in his name and there is no obligation to share, no one is obligated to share anything. But if you could, it would be incredibly helpful… Be good to the ones you love. Always remind them how much they mean to you because nothing lasts forever. Thanks for everything guys.
- Apollo Crews talked about facing Bron Breaker for the NXT Championship on tonight’s deadline special:
- It’s crazy because I’m facing someone who I can say is very similar to me in terms of in-ring skills, right. [He’s an] extremely athletic guy, strong. I am strong, fast, agile. He’s done a lot in such a short amount of time, which is crazy to see. All due respect to Bron Breaker, no heat. I went fishing, enjoy his company, but I feel it with me, it’s strange. I don’t feel any pressure, but there is a lot to prove. I’m going back, I said this is what I want to do and it has to be done. I feel like this is the icing on the cake. This will complete the return to NXT and we look forward to fulfilling it. The feeling of being a champion, you’ll never forget how it feels to win a title. I’ve won two here and I remember what it feels like both times and I’m looking forward to feeling that feeling again and embracing everything that comes with being a champion. It’s something I never had the opportunity to achieve the first time.
- Denise Salcedo interviewed Carmelo Hayes before the NXT deadline.
- Ricochet appeared on this week’s episode of WWE After the Bell.
- Liv Morgan & Tegan Nox, Hit Row and Kurt Angle & Ricochet were on SmackDown LowDown this week.
- On Twitter, MJF published a list of people who will never beat him for the AEW World Championship:
- The Pebble (Ricky Starks)
- American Dipsh*t Dragon (Bryan Danielson)
- Warhoe (Wardlow)
- Edward (Eddie Kingston)
- Sensitive Cowboy (Hangman Page)
- Jungle Jabronie (“Jungle Boy” Jack Perry)
- Darbs The School Shooter (Darby Allin)
- Adam “My brain isn’t working so I can’t handle it” Cole (Adam Cole)
- “Mr. Clean” Castagnoli (Claudio Castagnoli)
- The Young Bucks appears at WrestleCon in 2023: “A very rare appearance without AEW and our first public signing in years. Come meet us at @wrestlecon”
- Bret Hart, The Godwinns, The Tonga Kid, Sgt. Slaughter, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Lita and Sabu were also announced for WrestleCon.
- The Ringer published a feature story on Britt Baker.
- Baker discussed the story that made her obsessed with professional wrestling:
- The first storyline that made me extremely obsessed with wrestling and gave me the bug of wanting to do something like that and wanting to do it because of how the storyline made me feel was the Bryan Danielson storyline at WrestleMania XXX. How the fans really decided the story line. To me, that was one of the most amazing things in the world — that the entire wrestling universe was behind this one wrestler who was a huge underdog and shouldn’t have been where he was, but the fans made sure of it. That was the most amazing thing in the world to me because there is no other sport where the fans decide. In football, whoever gets the most points wins, but in this sport it’s really cool to see the effect the fans have. It’s magical, really.
- Chris Jericho looked back on the matches he had in 2022 on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.
- Josh Woods was a guest on AEW Unrestricted this week.
- DAZN Wrestling has an interview with Samoa Joe.
- Impact Wrestling has uploaded the full uncut video of Josh Alexander and “Speedball” Mike Bailey’s World Championship match from Thursday’s episode of Impact. The video is over an hour long.
#Daily #Update #SmackDown #Rating #Bray #Wyatt #MJF