Kim Kardashian says she's rethinking relationship with Balenciaga after photo shoot uproar

Kim Kardashian says she’s rethinking relationship with Balenciaga after photo shoot uproar

Kim Kardashian says she is “reassessing” her working relationship with Balenciaga after the luxury fashion house featured children cuddling teddy bears dressed as Bond in its latest ad campaign.

The Skims founder and reality TV star, who was an ambassador for the fashion brand, broke her silence on Sunday after receiving a barrage of messages from fans and commentators calling for her to condemn the brand.

In the comments sent to her social mediaKardashian said she waited to speak out “not because I wasn’t disgusted and outraged by Balenciaga’s recent campaigns, but because I wanted to have the opportunity to speak to their team to understand for myself how this could have happened.”

She went on to say that as a mother she was “shaken by disturbing images”.

“The safety of children must be held in the highest regard and any attempt to normalize child abuse of any kind should have no place in our society – period,” she told her 74.2 million Twitter followers on Sunday.

“I appreciate Balenciaga removing the campaigns and apologizing. I trust that in speaking with them they understand the seriousness of the issue and will take the necessary measures to ensure it never happens again.”

Kardashian, who famously donned an identity-obscuring Balenciaga ensemble at the 2021 Met Gala, was among the many celebrities cast at Balenciaga’s couture show during Paris Fashion Week in July. Thursday’s season finale of “The Kardashians” focused on her walking in the Balenciaga show.

On Sunday, she addressed her future with Balenciaga in a follow-up post, writing: “I am currently reevaluating my relationship with the brand based on their willingness to accept responsibility for something that should never have happened — and the actions I expect from them, to protect the children.”

Kardashian’s statement comes days after the company pulled a controversial campaign shot by photographer Gabriele Galimberti, part of a project called “Toy Stories,” and posted an apology on its Instagram page.

“We sincerely apologize for any offense our holiday campaign may have caused,” the statement read.

“Our teddy bear bags should not have been featured with children in this campaign. We have immediately removed the campaign from all platforms.”

In a statement to CNN on Wednesday, Galimberti said the direction and filming of the “Toy Stories” campaign was out of his hands, claiming that he was “in no way entitled to choose (sic) the products, models or combinations thereof.” the same.”

Balenciaga issued another statement on Instagram apologizing for displaying “disturbing documents” after a separate campaign featuring documents from a US Supreme Court case regarding child pornography laws went viral. The company added that it plans to take “legal action against the parties responsible for creating the kit and including unapproved items.”

Galimberti said he “has no connection with the photograph in which the Supreme Court document appears”.

Last month, Balenciaga cut ties with Kardashian’s ex-husband, rapper Kanye West, amid the ongoing fallout from his anti-Semitic and controversial remarks.

CNN has reached out to Kering, Balenciaga’s parent company, and a rep for Kardashian for further comment.


#Kim #Kardashian #shes #rethinking #relationship #Balenciaga #photo #shoot #uproar

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *