Australia’s latest Suzuki Baleno city cars are on their way to showrooms in the form of black-lined Shadow special editions.
- Suzuki Baleno 2022 prices and specifications
- The Shadow edition arrives as the last Baleno in Australia
- Added black bar, wheels and body
- Priced from $19,990 drive away
The 2022 Suzuki Baleno will roll out of Australian showrooms in the coming months with a special edition Shadow priced from $26,890.
The Shadow package, on sale now, adds a selection of black styling enhancements, including a body kit (with bumper and side sill add-ons), a black grille, black door decals, a Shadow badging on the boot lid and 16-inch black alloy wheels.
The Shadow will be the last new Suzuki Baleno variant to be introduced locally as the popular city car will be phased out in the coming months – and Suzuki’s heavily updated India model will not be sold in Australian showrooms.
Suzuki Australia (distributor for all regions except Queensland) will offer 300 examples of the Shadow edition, priced from $26,890 drive-away – a not inconsiderable $5,900 more than the GL automatic variant on which it’s based.
The Shadow Edition costs $3,400 more than the previous top-of-the-line model, the GLX — but because it’s based on the base GL, the Shadow loses GLX-exclusive features like LED headlights, rear disc brakes. , keyless entry and start and automatic air conditioning.
Arctic White (included in the base price) and Premium Silver Metallic ($595 extra) are the only colors available for the Baleno Shadow – with Fire Red (no cost), Stargaze Blue Metallic ($595) and Granite Gray Metallic ($595) exclusive to GL and GLX.
The Baleno Shadow is set to follow the Ignis Shadow by the end of this year with similar body accessories, wheels, decals and other black-style goodies as the new Baleno variant.
Shadow versions of the Swift city car and the Vitara and S-Cross SUVs should follow next year. Drive understands that Shadow variants will eventually become a permanent part of Suzuki’s lineup for all models except the popular off-road Jimny.
Standard features and pricing are otherwise unchanged across the rest of the Suzuki Baleno range, which opens with a five-speed manual GL priced from $19,990 drive-away.
The base model includes items such as a 9.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a reversing camera, a leather steering wheel, cloth upholstery, power outside mirrors, 15-inch steel wheels and halogen headlights with dusk detection.
While six airbags and basic new safety aids – anti-lock brakes and traction/stability control (as mandated by the federal government) – are standard equipment, the Baleno lacks any form of advanced safety technology as fitted to the smaller Swift.
These include autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and adaptive cruise control. The Suzuki Baleno and MG 3 are among the last new cars on sale that aren’t available with these features, even in higher grades.
If you opt for the automatic-only flagship GLX ($23,490), it adds LED headlights, rear disc brakes, keyless entry and start, automatic climate control, chrome door handles, 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels, and more.
All Baleno variants are powered by a 1.4-litre non-turbo petrol four-cylinder engine with 68kW and 130Nm, which is sent to the front wheels via a five-speed manual transmission in the base GL or a four-speed automatic as standard. as an option on the GL or standard on other grades.
Suzuki quotes fuel consumption in combined driving (a mix of city and highway) at 5.1 liters per 100 km for the manual or 5.4 L/100 km for the automatic.
The 2022 Suzuki Baleno – including a special edition Shadow – is on sale now.
2022 Suzuki Baleno Australian Price
- Packaged GL manual – $19,990
- Packaged GL auto – $20,990
- Baleno Shadow auto – $26,890 (new)
- Packaged GLX auto – $23,490
Note: All prices above are for driving.
Standard features of Suzuki Baleno GL 2022:
- 9.0-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, voice control
- Reversing camera
- 15-inch steel wheels with covers (and space-saving spare wheel)
- Halogen headlights with twilight detection
- Front fog lights
- Manual air conditioning
- Leather-covered steering wheel with tilt (height) adjustment.
- Fabric upholstery
- Manually adjustable front seats with height adjustable driver’s seat
- Folding rear seats split in a ratio of 60:40
- Three cup holders (two front, one rear)
- Remote central locking
- Electrically adjustable side mirrors
- Door handles in body color
- Front disc and rear drum brakes
- Six airbags
- Cruise control
2022 Suzuki Baleno Shadow adds (via GL):
- Black sports bodykit
- 16 inch black alloy wheels
- Black grille and side decals
2022 Suzuki Baleno GLX adds (via GL):
- LED projector headlights
- 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels
- Rear disc brakes
- Reach (telescopic) steering wheel adjustment
- Keyless (sensor key) entry and start
- Automatic air conditioning air conditioning
- Chrome door handles
- Side mirrors with built-in turn signals
- Rear cup holder deleted
Available colors include:
- Arctic White (no cost, all models)
- Fire Red (no cost, GL and GLX only)
- Stargaze Blue Metallic ($595 extra, GL and GLX only)
- Granite Gray Metallic ($595 extra, GL and GLX only)
- Premium Silver Metallic ($595 extra, all models)
#Suzuki #Baleno #Price #Specs #Shadow #Edition #model #bows #locally